- To accelerate the profitable production of corn, cellulosic ethanol from renewable resources.
- To help expand the US corn ethanol plants to co-produce cellulosic ethanol with corn ethanol.
- To develop new yeast-based processes for cost-effective production of bio-chemicals and industrial enzymes.
- Support the use of cellulosic feedstocks in ethanol, as hedge against drought and rising food prices.
- Reduce US dependency on foreign oil, while enabling a healthier environment for future generations
GTA’s Strategic Goals:
To create the world’s most environmentally friendly and efficient method for profitably converting corn, sugarcane and/or cellulosic biomass into ethanol, chemicals and enzymes.
- Increases overall operating income margins
- Reduces capital investments for manufacturing facilities
- Decreases variable production costs, time and complexity
- Lowers business risks via capability to utilize multiple feedstocks (corn, sugarcane or cellulosic)